In order to obtain an undergraduate degree at Tecnológico de Monterrey, students are required to have:
1.Fulfilled, in accordance with the effective regulations, the academic prerequisites of the corresponding curriculum, by means of the initial evaluation or the introductory-level units.
2. Completed all the educational units in the corresponding curriculum, either by passing all of them at Tecnológico de Monterrey, or by obtaining revalidation or equivalency agreements, in conformity with the corresponding regulations, for some of the educational units with studies completed at other institutions and passing the remaining educational units at Tecnológico de Monterrey.
3. Demonstrated the level of proficiency established by the Institution in the competencies defined in their curriculum.
4. Completed and passed at Tecnológico de Monterrey at least 50% of the academic credits that comprise the curriculum. This rule can be flexible for programs that, through an agreement, are created in conjunction with other universities.
5. Completed their social service in compliance with the legal precepts in force and the corresponding social service regulations.
6. Taken the external exam authorized by the Office of the Academic and Educational Innovation Vice Rector, to evaluate the knowledge and skills acquired during their undergraduate program. This requirement applies solely to students from the undergraduate programs for which these exams exist. The result of this exam will be recorded on the student’s transcript. Students from the undergraduate programs for which this exam does not exist must take the capstone exams designed for this purpose. This requirement applies only to students from the undergraduate degrees for which these exams exist.
7. Demonstrated a B2 level of proficiency in the English language according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR) in one of the tests authorized by the Office of the Academic and Educational Innovation Vice Rector.
Fulfilled any additional requirements established in their program and authorized by the Office of the Academic and Educational Innovation Vice Rector.
Additional requirements of this program are:
8. Have completed the academic units established from the fourth to eighth semester in their study plan, in a language other than Spanish, passing all those academic units at Tecnológico de Monterrey, except for those accredited by equivalency and revalidation agreements in accordance with the corresponding norms with studies carried out in other institutions in a language other than Spanish.
9. Have completed and approved full-time in foreign universities or institutions with which Tecnológico de Monterrey has collaboration agreements, the equivalent of 18 academic credits in a language other than Spanish.
10. Demonstrate a level of proficiency C1 of the English language referenced to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), in any of the examinations authorized by the Institution.
Graduates can register their undergraduate degree with the Mexican Ministry of Public Education and apply for their professional license for professional practice in Mexico. The degree or professional license must meet additional government or institutional requirements in order to be valid in other countries.
Last update: 24/September/2020
Previous graduation requirements Click here