To obtain a specialty degree, a master’s degree or Ph. D. degree at Tecnológico de Monterrey, students are required to:
1. Have completely finished the undergraduate cycle prior to passing the first course in the curriculum of the specialty, master program, medical residency, or doctoral program.
2. Have fulfilled, in compliance with existing standards, the academic prerequisites of the corresponding program, through proficiency tests or the corresponding remedial courses.
3. Have obtained a bachelor degree--with the antecedent of high school or its equivalent—that is equivalent to those offered by Tecnológico de Monterrey.
4. Have covered all the courses in the given curriculum, either by passing the courses at Tecnológico de Monterrey or by obtaining revalidation or equivalence agreements—in compliance with the standards-- corresponding to part of the courses taken at other institutions, and passed the remaining courses at Tecnológico de Monterrey. Courses taken at foreign universities with which there are agreements are considered, for the effects of this article, as courses taken at Tecnológico de Monterrey, as long as they do not exceed a set percentage of the curriculum established by each graduate program.
5. In those curricula that so specify, to have prepared a research project or thesis that, having been defended before an academic committee, has been approved by said committee.
6. Have taken at least the equivalent of the second half of the corresponding curriculum at Tecnológico de Monterrey , in the case of students with revalidation or equivalence agreements at this level. Flexibility may be exercised in this standard in graduate programs that, under agreement, may be established jointly with other universities.
7. For doctoral programs, have published (or have proof of acceptance for publication), in an indexed journal, at least one paper on a topic related to the student’s research project.